Are you looking for a new role as a Statistician? If you are interested in working for a leading Medical Device and Healthcare business this could be the role for you!
Our client specialises in the emerging market of Infectious diseases, our client has a large product area in HIV,Malaria and Hepatitis lateral flow testing. The biggest regions that they are working within are in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe. Currently, they have invested heavily within clinical studies to improve existing and to further extend their product lines.
This role will be supporting clinical study activities and the development of products and testing procedures through the application of statistical methods to ADC products and processes.
This role is offered on a contract basis initially for 6 months, working full time Mon-Fri.
Due to COVID-19 this role will be home based, however candidates will be expected to work on site when the guidelines change.
- Analyse results from clinical studies aimed at demonstrating product efficacy and safety.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge of statistical concepts into practice.
- Provide statistical support in the development of new products through to launch under direction of senior colleagues.
- Support the statistical development, evaluation and verification of stability, calibration and product release methods by use of appropriate statistical methodologies.
- Maintain appropriate records of activities and tasks carried out in compliance with the appropriate Quality System requirements of ADC UK e.g. GXP.
- Provide technical support to clinical studies, product development and/or Operations activities to ensure continued smooth running and interaction between departments.
- Must take responsibility for their individual tasks and understand the impact of their actions on the overall business and other functions.
- Derive conclusions and review progress with supervisor.
- Contribute to the definition and timely achievement of overall support project goals.
- Receives general direction and exercises considerable discretion as to work details.
- Responsible for own documentation and records and for accuracy, quality, and timeliness of work.
- Ensure that all work complies with the ADC Quality System, particularly Statistical and Design Control procedures (i.e.ISO 900 and GXP) and EHS guidelines.
- To perform other specific technical tasks as required when directed.
- The minimum education is a BSc in Mathematics or Statistics (or equivalent) to ensure that the jobholder has sufficient technical knowledge to understand and use statistics.
- Must be accurate and organised in work approach and have good attention to detail in order to ensure that data and analyses are accurate and meet the requirements of the project.
- Must have good written communication skills to be able to prepare appropriate reports.
- Must have good oral communication skills to be able to provide management with feedback on development needs and report and present progress.
- Must have a basic technical and theoretical understanding of projects to be able to extrapolate initial results to predict outcomes and take appropriate actions.
- Experience in SAS is preferred, must have experience in using word processor applications and spreadsheets to perform suitable data analysis and report writing.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.