Are you an experienced sub Agent / Senior enginer within the Rail Sector? looking to join a forward thinking company who have secured an interesting scope package of works? Look no further!
My client is a leading rail contractor looking to recruit multiple candidates between Senior / Sub Agent level,
- On-site management of projects covering technical administration and commercial aspects of the project.
- Liaising with plant yard over costs and damages.
- Liaise with labour Co-ordinator to ensure that the sites have a sufficient labour force capable of carrying out tasks.
- Prepare budgets to ensure that the job will return sufficient money and to ensure that there has been no shortfalls within the estimate,
- Visit the site before the job starts to ensure the piling platform is sufficient and welfare facilites are in place, run through FPS attendances.
- Prepare contract and site files for each contract.
- Prepare job specific contract plans / ITPs & RAMs.
- Liaise with plant yard to organise plant requirements.
- Ensure concrete service is secured and trials carried out where required.
- Organise sub-contractors if required (setting out, excavators, muck away, steel fixing etc.).
- Liaise with purchasing on ordering materials for the various sites.
- Liaise with clients keeping them up to date on site works and any changes in costs/extension of time/extra work.
- Ensure detailed site records are maintained.
- Weekly costs recorded to ensure that the project is within budget.
- Organise load and integrity testing of piles.
- Monitor test cube results to ensure that concrete is within specification.
- Assist Quantity Surveyors on final accounts and weekly values, liaise with them to ensure all changes, variations etc. are dealt with.
- Close off quality plans.
- Ensure that all site work is carried out to high safety standards.
- Discuss with foreman the design requirements ensuring that he fully understands the requirements.
- Check ground conditions are as assumed in the pile design calculations, if different refer to design department.
- Keep up to date with all correspondence ensuring that we are working from the most recent drawings/design.
- Produce Pile schedules from information taken from engineer drawings.
- Monitoring and reporting on progress of works.
- Taking handover information from the Estimator producing budget, communication plant and labour requirements to plant yard and labour resource manager.
- Check that ground conditions are as assumed in the design calculations, if in any doubt refer back to design department.
- Ensure that the foreman fully understands what is required.
- Ensure that any rig instrumentation is working correctly and calibrated, printouts checked and filed.
- Update weekly cost sheet and report under performance immediately
- Organise maintained load testing and integrity testing as required.
Apply online or call Connor Taylor in our Birmingham office today!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.