My Client, a leading Health Care business, has a requirement for a Supply Chain Operations Manager to join the business on a temporary contract basis as replacement cover until the planned site closure at the end of year.
As Supply Chain Operations Manager, you will:
- Manages inventory flow and ensures production schedules are met
- Supervise shipping, receiving, loading and unloading trucks, stacking, picking and packaging of material.
- Ensures the department's cost-efficient operation by implementing and selecting the most cost-efficient carrier, negotiates on shipping rates, as appropriate, etc.
- Prepares and analyses inventory reports to identify slow-moving or surplus stock.
- Determines space requirements for storage, schedules delivery and distribution of parts and materials to achieve distribution objectives.
- Coordinates with finance/accounting on matters involving inventory carry costs.
- Recommends changes in procedures to improve the operation efficiency of the unit.
- Ensures the department meets all transportation laws.
- Determines the policy for the logistics department of the Product Line.
- Manages an integral logistics department via a number of group leaders.
- Formulates the short term (1 year) logistics policy.
- Specifies the conditions for lowering costs, improving response time and shortening through times.
- Takes action, draws up a package of logistics measures, evaluates the alternatives and their consequences and gives advice to the business management in the event that priorities have to be set for product deliveries.
To be considered for the role of Supply Chain Operations Manager, you will:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, leading the day to day business functions.
- Some managerial experience in preferably manufacturing or logistics
- Experience in inventory management.
- Can set clear expectations and can guide a site which is in a transition phase.
This is a Short Term Contract position based in West Sussex.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.