Are you a compassionate and patient person?
Do you enjoy working with residents with complex needs and learning difficulties and making a difference to their lives?
Can you provide a safe and positive home experience for residents with complex needs and learning difficulties?
A specialist residential children's service providing day and residential support for children and young people with Autism spectrum conditions or additional social, emotional and mental health needs is urgently seeking a Support Worker to join their team on a full time, permanent basis. This role is needed approx 40 hours a week and includes day, evening, sleep in and weekend shifts on a rotational basis.
As a Support worker you're preparing the residents for adult life and supporting them to establish healthy daily and nightly routines, encourage social activities and teach them life skills like budgeting, cooking and cleaning. By working together with this exceptional residential team, you will increase resilience, confidence, self-esteem, emotional intelligence and well-being in these young adults.
This residential setting supports children and young adults between the ages of 8-19 years, is a 5 bed mixed gender service and boasts over 4.5 acres of land. This setting has exceptional facilities that include games rooms, outdoor environments and gym.
Your responsibilities include:
- Liaise with the senior staff and management to ensure a smooth running whilst on shift.
- Supporting the needs of the children whilst on shift.
- Encourage positive daily and nightly routines and social activities.
- Be an active part in setting the home environment.
- Supporting residents on a 1:1 base and part of a small group in a range of activities throughout the day
- Using your interests to engage residents in activities
The ideal candidate may possess the following skills and capabilities:
- Be able to work with residents that have various learning difficulties and complex needs.
- 6-12 months Education or Care experience
- Own transport
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- NVQ level 2 in residential care desirable but not essential
The benefits of this role are:
- Working with children and seeing their ongoing development
- Opportunities for career progression/ fully funded qualifications
- On-site parking/free meals
Do you feel that you have the skills and patients for this role? Would you like to start or develop your experience in children's services? Then this is definitely the role for you.
For more information about this role contact Bryony di Cara on 07546027009 for a chat about the role.
Randstad Education and care maintains the highest standard of child safety and compliance when placing candidates into schools and care settings. Any successful candidates will be subject to the compliance process that also includes the enhanced DBS check.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing....