An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Residential Child Care professional who wishes to continue and enhance their career as a Deputy Manager. We are recruiting for a motivated and ambitious Deputy Manager to support the Registered Manager in the smooth running of one of our residential care home.
The role and responsibilities,
Our Deputy Manager are responsible for supporting the Registered Manager to ensure that our young people receive the best quality of care. You will work with your team to promote the principles of therapeutic parenting as a way of caring for children and young people. This role is ideally suited to someone who is aiming to enhance their career in leadership and who has demonstrable experience in supervising others within a children's residential care environment.
Your role as a Deputy Manager will be to organise and lead a team of Residential Child Care Workers. You will lead the team as their role model, planning shifts as well as working as part of the rota. Our Deputy Managers will offer continual support and supervision to team members ensuring that they are able to fulfil their daily duties. You will promote learning and development opportunities and ensure that the team are motivated to continually strive for improvement and best practice. You will carry out an essential and valuable role supporting the Registered Manager in training, health and safety. safer recruitment, HR, and administrative duties.
To be successful in this role you will require a professional manner and resilient work ethic as well as excellent communication skills. You will build long lasting relationships with your team, develop positive relationships with families and communities, and liaise with multi-agency partners to ensure the continual welfare and development of our children and young people.
Essential Qualities That We Look For Include
- A proven track record in team building and supervision,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to plan and prioritise,
- Minimum of two years' experience working with Children and Young People,
- Qualified to SCQF Level 7 (Scotland) and the HNC or Level 3 in Residential Child Care (England) and ideally be studying towards the SCQF Level 9 (Scotland) or the Level 4 Children and Young Peoples' Practitioners Qualification (England),
- A consistent and professional manner,
- An active and supportive listener,
- A resilient nature when faced with difficult challenges,
- Highly responsible and accountable when it comes to safeguarding our children and young people.
- A good working knowledge of compliance in relation to Health & Safety practices,
- A good working knowledge of safer recruitment practices,
- Proficient IT skills, experienced in Microsoft packages,
- A full UK driving licence.
Desirable Qualities include
- Minimum of two years' experience working within children's residential care.
- Previous experience leading or supervising employees in a care home environment,
- Knowledge and previous experience in promoting Therapeutic Parenting in the context of children and young people.
At Pebbles, we have over 17 years' experience in supporting some of the most vulnerable young people across the UK. We aim to nurture and develop, so that children and young people can flourish in our care. Our teams are spread across 45 residences and 2 schools that continue to meet the needs of young people and provide supportive ways developing and learning. We also have excellent learning and development resources to ensure that all our staff have access to high quality, up-to-date training and support.
Remuneration and Hours of Work
Your starting salary is £28,579.60 per annum. Your salary is competitive and will be dependant upon experience, qualifications, and competencies.
Your average time spent at work is 56.4 hours per week. This includes paid rest breaks and sleeps. Your shifts will operate on a three week rolling pattern of one day on and two days off. Shifts start at 7.30 am to 10.30 pm and your sleep is from 10.30pm to 7.45am.
You will receive 28 days annual leave per annum, pro rata. You will be auto-enrolled into the company pension scheme.
Please contact Sarah from Randstad today on -0191 211 1382
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing....