Do you have the commitment and values to make a real difference to the lives of people with care needs?
Are you a passionate and motivated support worker?
Would you like to work for a company that will invest in your future?
If you have answered yes, then this is an opportunity for you.
The organisation is a national not-for-profit organisation who are seeking a warm, reliable and person centred individual to provide support to young people with mental health needs in their supported living service in Wythenshawe with the desire to work and promote independence. You will work on your own initiative and common sense as part of a team. The setting is seeking a Support Worker joining their team who look after 12 people with learning disabilities and complex health needs, living in two attractive new build properties in Wythenshawe.
See below some of the fabulous benefits from this organisation.
- Level 2/3 QCF Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Free life assurance
- Pension with company contribution
- Highly serviced employee advice line
- A range of employee discounts
- Located close to the train station
In this role you will be expected to deliver the below responsibilities.
- Developing warm and trusting relationships with young people to encourage them to express their needs, views and concerns
- To support service users in budgeting and managing their finances and to ensure that they are able to maximise their income by liaising with Welfare Rights agencies
- Collaborating with service users, families, and involved professionals to provide a consistent and coordinated service that meets the needs of service users
- Assisting the line manager with the day-to-day running of the service
- To support service users in managing self medication programmes. To liaise with the service user's Consultant, GP and CPN in respect of compliance with prescribed medication
To be suitable for this opportunity you will require the below skills and experience:
- Between 6 and 12 months of care experience
- Adult DBS
- A passion for care and support work
Desirable attributes or experience, however not essential
- NVQ level 2 or 3 in health and social care
If you're looking to join a company with fantastic training opportunities, competitive salary, working with a friendly, close knit team then this could be the ideal role for you. To avoid missing out on such a brilliant opportunity to join a market leader in the area, please apply today. If you need any more information regarding the role you can call Khurram on 01293 558697.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing....