Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant?
Or maybe you have a background in youth work, care or mentoring?
Do you want to use your skills and experience in a specialist alternative provision with children who have additional needs, while working alongside an experienced staff team who will support and guide you within the classroom setting with the aim to enable you to work independently?
Would you like a new challenge which is extremely rewarding?
We are looking for a small number of SEN / SEMH Teaching Assistants and Behaviour Mentors ready to start the new term off with an incredible team in an alternative provision in the Trafford area of Greater Manchester.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about helping pupils increase their knowledge and giving them a positive learning experience. You should have a passion for providing the best learning opportunities for all pupils and create a love of learning in the pupils through enjoyment and reinforcing understanding through innovative and engaging ways while being confident in behavioural management skills.
Ethos and Values:
- Respect each other, the pupils and their families
- Have a meaningful curriculum that is inspiring and enjoyable, promoting achievement for all
- Value commitment, safety, respect, total communication, independence, achievement, courage, enthusiasm, equality and celebration
Requirements for this role are:
- Qualification in relevant subject, e.g. Learning and support in schools, health and social care (not essential yet preferred) or experience working with children or adults with additional needs
- A DBS on the update service (or willing to obtain through Randstad)
- Experience working within a classroom environment (preferred)
- Be committed to achieving high attainment from pupils
- To support the pupils by understanding their additional requirements to engage and understand curriculum learning
As a PRU Teaching Assistant and valued employee you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous referral bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
This is an amazing opportunity to work with some fantastic pupils who have the chance to succeed in learning with a holistic approach and progress in their education.
If you believe in yourself and really want to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable children. The successful candidate will work in a challenging yet rewarding environment and will be supported by a skilled staff team who will aid your development in the SEN sector.
If you are interested in this role, or if you have any questions feel free to contact Dave on 0161 200 1904 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org...