Are you enthusiastic about your specialist subject of Design Technology (DT)?
Do you have school workshop experience including certifications to use the relevant machinery such as bandsaws and laser cutters?
Then please consider an application to Randstad Education!
We currently require a School DT Technician for a long-term role in a secondary school in south Cambridge recently rated 'Good' by Ofsted. The role is part time to start in April 2021, and will continue for the rest of the academic year.
The successful candidate will have:
- A strong knowledge of DT and a genuine interest in at least one specific area of the subject, such as Resistant Materials (woodwork or metalwork), Textiles, Product Design, Graphics, Electronics or Food Technology
- Previous experience of working within a school workshop in at least one of the above areas
- Knowledge of CAD / CAM systems would be an advantage
- A patient approach towards working with children and adults alike
- The willingness to learn and train on the job
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Excellent organisation skills
- A strong work ethic, the ability to work as part of a team of technicians, and a professional attitude
Responsibilities would include:
- Ensuring all materials and equipment (including tools and machinery) are ready for practical lessons and demonstrations, liaising with teaching staff for lesson planning
- Cleaning and storage of all equipment and stock, keeping workshops and classrooms tidy
- Maintaining all relevant paperwork, including stocktaking and orders for new stock or equipment
- Undertaking of safety checks and routine maintenance of workshop equipment and systems
- Observing strict Health and Safety guidelines and keeping knowledge of this up-to-date
- Assisting teaching staff in the running of practical sessions for pupils, interacting with the children, and undertaking other duties as directed by the department staff
Benefits of working with Randstad:
- A dedicated, professional and friendly specialist 'School Support Services' consultant and a branch with 24 hour on-call facility
- Competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- Commitment to your continuing professional development through free training including safeguarding
- 'recommend a friend' bonus worth up to £300
- The flexibility to work when and where you want through our network of branches
- Being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it, especially through various rewards like 'Candidate of the Term'
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Jonathan Gash via email email@example.com or at the Cambridge office on 01223368836....