I am currently recruiting for a Technician on a permanent basis with a leading mould toolmakers and plastic injection moulding business.
This position is based in Dudley working double day shifts, reporting to the technical supervisor!
43 hours per week: 39 + 4 additional hours at Time and a half!
- To effectively and safely carry out tool changes in the injection moulding areas
- To ensure injection moulding processes can achieve targeted scrap and efficiency levels, on new and existing products.
- Ensure that all required procedures in line with IATF16949 requirements are strictly followed.
- To liaise with the Technical Supervisor to confirm planned tool changes within the relevant machines.
- To ensure that before the end of the running process, equipment has been kitted ready for the change-over.
- To ensure where required that tools are pre-warmed (both water and hot runners) to reduce tool change downtime.
- Paperwork or quality systems documentation is prepared before tool change
- Run end shift reports
- Fit new tool into machine safely/ensure that the water circuits, hot runners are connected correctly.
- Product testing- leakage, air flow, flatness and any other specific validation testing
- Complete a shift hand-over log in conjunction with the Technical Supervisor/ Shift coordinator, maximizing the level of information required for success.
- Ensure that all Tool Room and Maintenance requests are fully completed and issued to the relevant department.
- Assist in the creation of SSOW (Safe Systems of Work) and implement these as part of daily routine.
- First tier automotive experience within an injection moulding business
- Experience of procedure adherence and completion of documentation
- TS16949 experience/knowledge
- IMT Level 1 and 2 and 3 Qualifications
- NVQ 2 injection moulding
- Specific experience on Engel and Krauss Maffei machines
- IMT Level 3 qualification
- Conversant with Robots Wittman, ATM, Krauss integrated
Interested? Please apply ASAP!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.