Test Engineer required on a 6 month contract basis to join an industry leading engineering and manufacturing business.
Do you have a background in supporting and delivering tes activities in a new product development environment. This role will specifically to support aftertreatment products / systems in an AVL dynamometer testing environment to ensure components are robustly designed and validated using recognised engineering tools & techniques. Motivated and passionate graduates will also be considered. If you are seeking an exciting challenge then this is the role for you!
In this role you will be working closely with Engineering teams, the challenge will be to ensure delivery of a robust, reliable product. This role will offer exposure throughout the whole lifecycle of product development, allowing the opportunity to define and improve test solutions, building on past experience but with an innovative approach to delivering excellence
- Interpret test requests for diesel engine and aftertreatment development testing in engine dynamometer test cells, write test instructions, prepare necessary test scripts and logging files.
- Ensure engine, aftertreatment and associated hardware is available and set-up correctly for each test.
- Oversee the operation of the test cell and provide support to the test cell operator and facilities team when necessary.
- Analyse test data for test quality and identify issues with the test related to either equipment or software.
- Troubleshoot test cell issues including hardware, test sequence and scripting, instructions and test procedures and provide both short- and long-term solutions.
- Develop new and manage existing test procedures for both standard and non-standard tasks.
- This role is hands-on, you will be given the opportunity to carry out testing and support operators in equipment installation and trouble shooting.
Skills and experience required:
- Previous experience in AVL dynamometer testing environment
- Previous experience with multiple applications, including Microsoft applications
- Methodical and data-based approach to problem solving,
- Strong team working skills and communication skills.
- Proven attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Need to work in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Knowledge of Diesel engine and/or Aftertreatment architecture an advantage
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.