Are you looking for a challenging new role, in an exciting and fast paced industry? Do you enjoy working with your hands and as an important part of a team? Do you have skills that would transfer well to a role within a production or warehousing environment?
If you have answered yes to one or more of the above questions, we have a fantastic opportunity for you.
On behalf of our client, a national specialist within the electrical manufacturing industry, we are recruiting for production operatives based in Leeds (LS10).
The successful candidate will have experience in working as a warehouse operative, and must have electrical or mechanical skills.
Hours of Work:
- 37 hours per week, plus the option of overtime
- Standard shift - Monday - Thursday 0615am - 1600pm/0630am-1615 pm
- Access to a huge range of discounts at high street shops, gyms, cinemas and restaurants through our benefits app
- 26 days paid annual leave (34 days inclusive of bank holidays)
- Paid weekly on a Friday
- Canteen area with facilities including microwaves and vending machines
- Free parking
- Motorbike and bicycle shelter
- Providing operational cover over on a variety of shift patterns from Monday - Saturday to ensure all activities are completed in line with business needs/customer expectations
- Complete standard tests and inspection against quality standards
- Carrying out additional duties as determined by the line manager.
- Ensuring all orders are processed accurately in a timely manner.
- Following all policy guidelines as issued by management on the processing of orders.
- Developing appropriate product and systems knowledge to carry out daily work-load.
- Identifying and reporting on health, safety and environmental issues within the workplace.
- Present, build and assemble power distribution units
- Fit electrical components and electrical wiring working from schematics and drawings
- Using hand tools and pneumatic tools.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment would be an advantage
- Good standard of literacy & numeracy
- Must be able to work well in a pressurised and demanding environment
- Self-motivated and quality-focused
- Flexibility for shifts and overtime where required
- Good personal organisational skills
- Good verbal & written communication skills both face to face & via telephone
- Have good manual dexterity skills
- Good eye for detail
- Basic PC skills
- SAP knowledge is an advantage
If you would like to learn more about this position apply today and one of the onsite team will contact you with further details.