Randstad Engineering are currently recruiting for a Welder to work for a multi-site, worldwide client in Port Talbot. The role is on an initial 12 month contract, paying an hourly rate of £13.83 working a day shift, Monday to Friday.
About the position
You will support operations teams by performing necessary breakdown repairs, leading preventative maintenance activity and facilitating the promotion of fabrication and engineering solutions for process improvement.
- Support and participate in all team activities aimed at achieving manufacturing and product quality targets
- Bring any quality and safety issues to the Leading Hand if it is not possible to take immediate corrective action
- Fork lift truck driving, slinging/rigging and operation of overhead cranes
- To continually update the Service Engineer/Leading Hand
- The successful application should have served an apprenticeship in mechanical engineering/welding and possess at least one of the following -
- City & Guilds welding skills
- Certificate in engineering levels 1 to 3
- BTEC Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical engineering
- EAL Award in welding.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge in all welding competences such as Arc/stick welding, TIG, MIG, gas welding/cutting and brazing
- Computer literate
- Able to workunder pressure
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.