Are you trained in carpentry or known as a 'handy man/woman' when it comes to woodwork?
Would you love to pass knowledge of life skills on to young people?
Do you like the idea of a new challenge?
A Pupil Referral Unit in Tameside is looking for a Woodwork Specialist to hold workshops with a small group of pupils aged 11-18 for 2 days per week.
Your role would predominantly be holding exciting workshops and activities in teaching the pupils how to produce their own woodwork projects, offering life skills along the way. In holding these workshops you will provide innovative ways to help the pupils to be engaged in the learning.
- have the ability to communicate with children from diverse backgrounds who have additional needs
- have confidence in behaviour management skills
- have a nurturing nature with the ability to engage with children on various levels
- be comfortable working with children who may have faced struggles in School or have Social and Emotional Mental Health needs or Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties
Classroom experience is desired but not essential, as the position is open to applicants with the right woodwork related skills and attributes who can also show they can work within a challenging environment with young people.
You will show:
- motivation & encouragement
- ability to adapt quickly & think outside the box
- willingness to guide & council young people
- optimism & vibrancy
- able to work in small groups
- organisation with workshop preparations
The successful candidate will also have the chance to display their mentoring abilities by helping the youth re-integrate and overcome obstacles that they're currently facing, while gaining a sense of reward from supporting vulnerable young people and providing a safe hub to learn within the workshops.
If the above criteria sounds like you, please email your CV over to Nicola at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 200 1904 with any questions you have.