client health, safety & environmental responsibilities information.
Under current UK legislation, specifically the Management of Health and Safety at Work regulations and the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations, you have certain responsibilities for the Health and Safety of Randstad’s temporary workers. For the avoidance of any doubt some of the responsibilities are set out below.
- whilst working under your supervision and control temporary workers should be awarded the same protection from risks to safety and health as your employees would be. Including:
- ensure that our temporary workers understand your systems of work and the action to take in the event of an emergency e.g. fire evacuation
- undertake Safety Inductions with our temporary workers
- ensure that you allocate, maintain and make available to our temporary workers suitable and sufficient Safety, Health, Welfare & Environmental resources e.g. First Aid
- be responsible for the direct control and supervision of our temporary workers
- ensure our temporary workers follow all of your work policies, procedures, rules, requirements of risk assessments and instructions at each of your locations
- carry out briefings to our temporary workers on all of your relevant Safety, Health and Environmental Policies, procedures, risk assessments and Safe Systems of Work etc. and to provide specific training as necessary and to update this, as necessary.
- select and issue task/hazard specific suitable PPE to our temporary workers and provide relevant information and training on its use
- provide us with information on special qualifications or skills which each role would require and on any special features or specific risks at your workplace that are likely to affect the Health or safety of the worker
- report, maintain records and inform the relevant authorities and Randstad of all accidents, incidents, near misses and reportable events relating to our temporary workers
- where necessary, conduct health surveillance on our temporary workers prior to commencement of and for the duration of the placement.
If you are not able to meet the above expectations you must inform your Randstad contact immediately.