tips for nurses
on managing stress and mental wellbeing.
Rachel’s top tips for managing stress whilst working busy shifts are:
- Make sure you work out before long shifts and ensure you nap before doing a long night shift
- Take Vitamin D during the winter months
- Consider taking time off from work - it’s important to take holidays now and again and get some rest
- Prep healthy meals in advance to resist temptation from the hospital vending machine and sweet snacks that are always on the ward
- Make sure you drink plenty of water to stay focused and hydrated. Try to avoid coffee which can cause slumps in your energy
- If something feels really wrong, it’s important to speak to an experienced healthcare professional about it
If you’re feeling stressed and require more flexibility in your job – consider finding a new role through an agency like Randstad. Agency nursing can provide you with more opportunities to gain broad experience, a higher salary and most importantly, a better work-life balance.
Ready for more flexibility? There's no better time.
Register your details here to kick-start your agency nursing career.
We have hundreds of jobs ready and waiting for you.
find out more about the benefits of agency nursing
register your details here to speak to one of our consultants.