temping and contracting
Interested in temping or contracting?
The Financial Services industry relies heavily on dynamic contractors to support planned, project-based requirements.
Contracting is particularly rewarding as it enables you to gain a vast amount of experience from diverse assignments and Financial Services sectors, and can be incredibly rewarding.
How do I become a Randstad Financial & Professional contractor?
- Simply submit your CV or apply for a contract or temporary job. Alternatively, you can contact your local office to find out more about the benefits of temping and contracting
- If your skills and experience are identified as well-suited to the position, you will be invited to attend an interview with a consultant to establish which opportunities match your experience and qualifications. Rates of pay will also be discussed and a course of action agreed.
- When a suitable position arises, a consultant will call to brief you. Remember to take down all details, including specific job numbers. With your consent, the consultant will then send your CV to the client.
How will I be paid?
- If you are contracting through Randstad Financial & Professional, you will be paid weekly. Exact details will be dependent on the client's terms and conditions.
- Authorised hours must be submitted by the deadline given and can be submitted via the client's timesheet system, via our own online timesheet portal or sent in to us on a manual timesheet (available to download). Once you are booked in to a temporary or contract placement, you will be able to access our online portal which allows you to view payslips/remittances and access timesheets if applicable.
- Find out more about Expenses and Payroll Procedures, and how these vary dependent on your working status (PAYE, Personal Services, Umbrella Company).
Keeping you in continuous work
- As a contractor, your performance will be regularly evaluated to help us assess which roles suit you best. We work hard to ensure you enjoy continual employment or receive an extension of employment where you’re based.
- Keep us informed of your current employment status (if you’re not currently contracting with us). If an assignment elsewhere is about to finish, call us so we can plan your next move and always update us on any changes in your availability or contact information.
- Ensure you establish and maintain a good reputation with your employer - adhere to agreed notice periods, be punctual and communicate with us if your circumstances change or if you are sick or planning to take a holiday.
Can I work overseas?
Randstad Financial & Professional is part of the multi-national recruitment group, Randstad, working in over 45 countries worldwide and advertising over 60,000 jobs every day.
Despite our global reach, we always maintain a local focus; and this philosophy is adopted in every one of our offices across the world. If you’re keen to explore overseas opportunities, visit our global site and get in touch with your ideal destination.
Find out more: