A resourcing strategy is a way of identifying future staffing needs and working out how to meet those needs.
8 top tips for building a resourcing strategy:
- ensure you’ve got a dedicated person in charge of resourcing, regardless of your the size of your organisation
- narrow down your employer brand and employee value proposition - what sets you apart from other organisations and why should people want to work for your organisation over another?
- figure out what your organisation needs in terms of roles compared to what exists
- work out if you can fill any gaps by adjusting existing roles, providing current employees with additional training, allowing flexible working, or creating career paths to build employer loyalty
- use internal referral schemes to develop an internal pool of candidates
- contact employees who have previously applied for internal roles when a new, relevant vacancy opens up
- monitor hiring practices and expenditure to gauge the most effective and cost-effective recruitment channels
- look for a recruitment agency who is an expert in your industry and offers a genuine partnership, based on long-term recruitment needs.
For more information on this and other people management topics, discover Workpocket World - the must have HR tool for line managers