In order to help candidates throughout the preparation process, we gathered more than 40 commonly asked interview questions for Java developer job candidates. For additional interview tips have a look at our video on how to prepare for an interview:
Technical java developer interview questions
- What is Dependency Injection (IOC)?
- What are the three different types of IOC?
- What are the advantages to using IOC?
- What is the Spring?
- What are the benefits of Spring framework?
- What features does Spring have?
- How many modules are there in Spring and what are they?
- Explain Bean Factory.
- What do you understand by Application Context?
- Describe the difference between Bean Factory and Application Context.
- What does Bean Wiring mean?
- What does Auto Wiring mean?
- Can Java Server Faces be integrated with Spring? How?
- How do you integrate your Struts application with Spring?
- What are the supports of ORM’s Spring?
- How can you access Hibernate using Spring?
- In Spring, how is AOP used?
- What types of transaction management does Spring support?
- Why do most users of the Spring Framework choose declarative transaction management?
- What are the similarities and differences between EJB CMT and the Spring Framework declarative transaction management?
- When is it a good idea to use programmatic transaction management as opposed to declarative transaction management?
- What does Spring DAO support do? State the modules in Spring and their purpose. What does Spring implementation look like?
- Define DelegatingVariableResolver.
- Is it possible to have a mycontext.xml file instead of applicationcontext.xml?
- In Spring, how do you setup MessageSources?
- In Spring, what is JdbcTemplate?
- What are the different types of Dependency Injection?
- How can Spring’s Configuration xmls be integrated with web applications?
- How do you integrate multiple bean configuration xmls?
- Describe autowiring.
- State the different modes of autowiring.
- State the different bean scopes available to configure.
- Describe the default scope in Spring.
- In bean definition, how do you implement inheritance?
- What is the difference between FileSystemResource and ClassPathResource?
- In Spring, what are inner beans?
- What is Aspect Orientated Programming (AOP) and how is it used in Spring?
- In regards to AOP, what does aspect mean?
- What are the different types of Advice?
- What is a pointcut?
- Identify the different values a View element can have.
- What basic elements does ModelAndView instance contain?
- How is data validation handled while using Spring Web WVC?
- State the ways one can achieve view resolution in Spring Web WVC.
- In Spring MVC architecture, what represents a Model?
- What is AOP Proxy?
Personal Java spring developer job interview questions
- Describe yourself professionally in a few words.
- In our industry, what are some important trends that you see?
- How capable do you think you are at handling stress?
- What are your reasons for leaving your previous/present job?
- What is your favourite aspect of being a java spring developer?
- How do you remain abreast of new developments in technology?
Scenario interview questions
- What is your troubleshooting process?
- Would you describe yourself as a problem solver? If so, why? Can you give any example
The company interview questions
- Why do you want to work for this organisation?
- What do you know about our company and our products?
Career spring interview questions
- In two or three years from now, what do you see yourself doing?
- Describe two or three of your accomplishments over the past few years that you are most proud of.
Randstad Technologies has 35 years of experience recruiting for the IT sector, matching the right candidate with the best IT role.