Telesales jobs require individuals to work remotely, selling products or services to customers over the phone. This type of selling requires a different set of skills to other sales jobs, as individuals have less personal interaction, such as eye contact, to rely on - making it more of a challenge to establish meaningful relationships and rapport.
A job in telesales can be highly rewarding, however, especially for individuals who enjoy interacting with people, and that like working to targets and earning commission. This article will explain what candidates can expect from a telesales interview, and provide some handy tips for success.
Although telesales jobs are office-based, candidates still need to show a high level of punctuality and professionalism. For this reason, it is still essential to attend the interview in smart clothes, and to arrive with plenty of time to spare.
Aim to make a positive first impression on the interviewers by maintaining eye contact and offering a firm handshake.
Interview tips for telesales jobs.
When interviewing for telesales roles in particular, it is vital to make a good first impression. When selling over the phone, individuals only have a limited amount of time to make a positive impression, and bring about the desired conclusion to the interaction. As a result, interviewers are constantly looking for evidence that the candidates they are interviewing are instantly likeable, and have the ability to generate rapport quickly.
Candidates should allow their personality to shine through during the interview, as employers want to avoid giving jobs to anyone who will struggle to make an impression on potential customers. Do not be afraid to have a conversation with the interviewers and be somewhat informal – but only if you feel the interviewers are encouraging it.
Aim to be positive and enthusiastic, and try to speak clearly and passionately. If you have any experience in sales, do not be afraid to bring it up, especially if you have won any awards, such as salesperson of the month. This will prove that you have a good track record.
Telesales interview questions and answers.
- Why do you want work in sales?
- What is it about selling remotely that interests you?
- What special skills do you think are required to sell over the phone?
- Do you enjoy interacting with other people?
- Tell me about a time when you successfully sold a product or an idea to someone?
- How do you feel about working to targets?
- Do you think competitiveness in the workplace is a good thing or a bad thing?
- Are you a team player?
- How would you deal with an abusive customer on the phone?
- Have you any experience in using new media such live chat/social media?
- What do you think the future looks like for telesales?
General interview questions for telesales executive jobs.
- What is your greatest achievement?
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What was it about this role that persuaded you to apply?
- What do you know about our company?
- Tell me some of your strengths and weaknesses.
- Why did you leave your last job?